Hi y'all!! I'm Lis from Beach Bum and Baby and I'm guest posting here today. Be sure to head over and check out Cheryl's guest post on my blog all about her new adventure with Jewel Kade!
Ever since Cheryl and I decided to do some guest posts on each others blogs I've had a hard time coming up with a good topic. After much deliberation I decided to go with one of my favorite topics: all things mama and baby related!
Today I'm going to share with you some of my favorite "Mama Must Haves" for the first few months. These are just my personal opinion and please add your own to the comments below - I know before I had Trey I loved posts like this to help me figure out what I would need and what cool things were out there!
1. Meal Baby - This amazing website helps your family and friends coordinate who is bringing what on which day to new parents once they are at home. It was super helpful for my friend H when she coordinated all of the meals that friends and family were bringing us during those first few weeks. It's free and super user-friendly.
2. Hooter Hider - while said friends and family are visiting and dropping off meals I really loved my "hooter hider" so that I didn't have to take Trey upstairs to nurse and I could till visit with our guests. There are lots of nursing covers out there - I liked this one because of the plastic piece in the top that forms a half circle so that you can still look down at your little one.
3. Aden and Anais blankets - while made for swaddling - we used these blankets for literally everything! Play time, to cover up the carrier when we were out in public and Trey was napping, burp clothes, nursing covers (for when I forgot my HH!), put down to change him on! You name it. They are lightweight, wash well, are soft, breathable. I can't say enough good things about them. We loved them - and I still use them here and there for play blankets.
4. Moby Wrap - Trey loved to be held and this wrap really helped when we went out or when he was super fussy. He slept like a champ in it - and was so cozy and close to me - I loved it. It is a little cumbersome at first when you are trying to figure it out and the fabric is really long and can drag on the ground while you are putting it on. But, I got it figured out pretty quickly and learned a tip from some other moms - if you are going out - just put the wrap on at home - and once you get to your destination - slip the baby in!
One of Trey's 5 month pictures!
5. Sticky Bellies - I first learned of these from one of my blog friends and I knew I needed to order them immediately. I had wanted to order monogrammed onesies for each month off of Etsy but I knew in no way, shape or form would that fly with the hubs because of the price! These stickers were only $14.99 plus shipping and handling. They came super fast - and I have LOVED using them each month for Trey's pictures!!
I hope you have all enjoyed our "blog swap" today! Please let either of us know if you have any questions at all!
Happy Thursday Y'all!